If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
If you are in the market for a new saw, knowing which brand makes the best model for your application can definitely help. There are just some saw brands that are a cut above the rest, and when you are trying to decide which one to invest your hard-earned dollars into, you need to know which ones those are.
We’ve done the hard work for you and compared the brands of Bosch vs Milwaukee – two strong contenders in the saw market.
The History of Bosch
The Bosch brand is part of a bigger company – the Bosch Group. Its Bosch Power Tools Division holds the saw line as well as a range of other power tools that are geared toward professional use as well as novice tool users.
The company really began its entry into the market with a magneto ignition in 1887.
It has over a 100-year history steeped in German tradition, where it opened its first manufacturing site to machine the ignitions that paved the way for the company’s success.
Today, the company, under the Bosch brand, introduces more than 100 new power tools each year. It is a global company with plenty of resources to innovate and develop new products, including saws.
The company has over 350 subsidiaries and holds dear to its German heritage. This has allowed Bosch to be a leader in the tool market worldwide with a strong focus on engineering as its backbone as well as German craftsmanship.
It has a strong reputation for quality and doesn’t disappoint with its products that exude durability and efficiency. It also offers one-year warranties on its power tools.
Now, the Milwaukee brand also has a long history as well, not as long as Bosch, but still very respectable. It gained its start in 1924 with the launch of the Hole-Shooter – a ¼ inch capacity drill that had a lightweight and portable design.
It was unique to the market at the time because it allowed for one-handed operation.
Today, Milwaukee Tool has over 500 tools and 3500 accessories to speak of with technology enhancements such as Lithium-Ion batteries in its cordless operation tools. Its tool lineup is aimed at the professional construction equipment market with models available for every application this industry participates in.
The Milwaukee name is well-known in the market for power tools. The company has earned this reputation by continuing to offer products that customers need with features that make construction projects easier and faster.
It places a strong emphasis on the strength of its tools and offers consumers genuine warranties that, in many cases, offer free parts, service, and batteries.
Bosch vs Milwaukee
When we look at Bosch vs Milwaukee, we see many similarities and many differences between the two brands.
Bosch has the backing of a full cadre of divisions and resources to design power tools that are long-lasting, durable, and quality designed. Milwaukee is also known for its innovative qualities, and the company continues to surprise with new products, features, and performance options.
Both companies focus on offering the latest technologies and up-to-date advancements in their tool line. Bosch may take a step ahead of Milwaukee here as its German heritage was built on these design qualities, offering advanced products right from the very start.
When it comes to the saw models the two companies offer, we see many differences that are notable on several levels.
- Bosch products are made with the highest of quality, and the brand is known for its long-lasting and durable products. They make a quality of product that you can literally feel when you pick up on of their saws. Milwaukee makes a very high quality saw as well, but the brand is better know for its power drills. They don’t carry the same name as Bosch does in the power saw line of products.
- Bosch saws are lighter in weight that Milwaukee saws. This may not sound like a big deal, but a lighter weight saw is much easier on your hand, and also allows you to be more precise with your cuts. The difference is noticeable and can make those long days of cutting easier on your body.
- Both brands utilize 18 V Lithium-Ion technology and feature compact tool sizes. However, Bosch has the upper hand in battery technology, due to the fact that they have a complete division in their company dedicated to hybrid vehicles. They are able to take from their own internal technology and apply it to the Lithium-ion batteries that are used in cordless saws and drills. Milwaukee does not have this sort of internal technology.
We see the Bosch offers a longer battery life with its cordless power tools than Milwaukee, more than likely based on the technology expertise it has in the field of Lithium-Ion. This can make a big difference when trying to finish a job on that last ounce of battery power without having to recharge.
Despite the decreased battery life of Milwaukee’s cordless power tool, interestingly, they often command a higher price tag than Bosch-branded power tools, which can often be the deciding factor for many users on which tool brand to buy.
The Bosch line of saws are high performers, and we have several models that we highly approve of. These saw models definitely impressed and cut with the speed and accuracy we expect of a German-made power tool.
You’ll find that these models received high marks from us and stole each of their categories and will be really solid additions to your workshop.
- CONVENIENT: Featuring a tool less blade change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection lever...
- 4 in 1: 4 orbital action tool settings provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts...
- CONTROL: Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed;...
- COMPACT: The Bosch JSH180B 18V jig saw is lightweight and compact. It is up to 30-percent lighter...
- CONVENIENT: The jig saw’s t-shank blade change system allows for tool-less blade changes,...
- VISIBILITY: With an always-on dust blower and an LED light, the JSH180B jig saw offers increased...
- PORTABLE: Innovative, gravity rise, collapsible table saw stand allows you to adjust height to meet...
- EFFICIENT: Featuring SquareLock rip fence engineered to increase cutting trueness and allowing for...
- PRECISION: Bosch 4100 09 worksite table saw provides high precision cutting as well as efficient...
Milwaukee also produces some quality saw models that we can appreciate. This cordless jigsaw is one of them, and we do recommend this model over many others on the market today.
It doesn’t beat out its Bosch counterpart, but it does offer many features that we felt were key to its design and functionality.
- The product is easy to use
- The product is durable
- The product is manufactured in China
When comparing Bosch vs Milwaukee, it’s important to identify each company’s strengths. Bosch is a top-notch producer of a wide range of power tools.
They are large enough to be able to focus their efforts on each power tool, including saws, to make one of the highest quality products available.
Milwaukee, on the other hand, is better known for making high quality power tools that are smaller and more compact, such as the power drill. We do like one of their cordless jigsaws, but that is about it when it comes to their power saws.
If you’re looking specifically at purchasing a power saw, we would give our vote to the Bosch line of saws. Their German engineering and strong R&D division makes them a highly reviewed brand.