If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
A cordless drill will be a great addition and tool to keep in your home. It can get a lot of the little home improvement projects done for you, saving a lot of time and hassle in the process. The biggest issue with these is that many cordless drills can get expensive.
The good news is that there are many great cordless drills that you can choose that are under $50. Finding one that has enough power and strength, along with the other features that you need for this price can be important and part of the fun!
- Our Cordless Drill Under $50 Reviews
- Best Cordless Drill Under $50: Avid Power 20V Max Lithium-Ion
- Best Value Cordless Drill Under $50: Black and Decker 20V Max
- Cordless Drill Under $50 with Most Features: Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver
- Most Durable Cordless Drill Under $50: Inspiritech 12V Drill and Driver
- Most Versatile Cordless Drill Under $50: GOXAWEE Electric
- Cheap Cordless Drill Features and Considerations
- Choosing the Top Cheap Cordless Drill
Our Cordless Drill Under $50 Reviews
Many drills that are under $50 are cheaply made and hard to work with. They may not have a lot of power or will run out of battery long before the project is done. There are some great ones in this price range, but it is hard to figure out which ones will meet your needs.
That is why we have taken the time to do all the research and provide you with the best cordless drills for under $50. Some of our top picks include:
Best Cordless Drill Under $50: Avid Power 20V Max Lithium-Ion
To start our list, we are going to take a look at the Avid Power 20V Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill. This is one of the most popular choices for DIY enthusiasts or homeowners who want to handle home improvement projects on their own.
One of the first things that you will love about this model is the ergonomic design. This makes it easier to use and hold onto. The lightweight and compact design will help you to use this tool as much as you want, without having sore hands along the way.
The rubber handle helps to get some of this done, but you will love how comfortable the grip is. Even though it is a comfortable cordless drill to use, it is also going to offer a choice of 16 torque positions and some adjustable speed settings to get the job done. Overall, this is going to provide you with more control and can prevent stripping.
Similar to many of the premium models that you can choose, this unit is going to work on many different surfaces. This can include wood, plastic, and metal. It will also work through drywall with impressive results. The USB port can charge right in and allows you the freedom to charge the device while you work, which is really useful if there is no electric outlet open.
- Has an LED light to help with visibility
- Great control while you are drilling
- USB charging no matter where you are
- Lightweight design
- Does not come with a carrying case
- Multifunctional Battery Pack: 20V 1.5Ah Lithium-ion battery pack with USB output compatible for...
- 15+1 Position Clutch: 15+1 torque (260 In-lbs) settings provide precise control for driving in/out...
- Ergonomic Design: Compact and lightweight design with superior motor minimizes fatigue in most daily...
- Efficient Working: A flexible shaft could be used in some places where driver bits are hard to...
Best Value Cordless Drill Under $50: Black and Decker 20V Max
The Black and Decker 20V Max Cordless Drill has been designed to handle most of the projects that you want to do in your home. It comes with a 20V max motor, which gives you the power that you need to go through almost any kind of material that you would like.
The compact size makes it easier to take on the go with you and the lightweight design and comfortable handle will make it one of your favorite tools.
The weight on this cordless drill is about 3.3 pounds, making it a little lighter than the Avid Power we discussed above. This can make it easier to get all of the projects done in your home without feeling worn out because of the weight.
The torque is similar to what you would get with premium models, but you will not have to pay the high price for it like you do with some of the others.
This is just the start to some of the features that you will get to enjoy with this Black and Decker drill. It has a lithium-ion battery, which is one of the best options for cordless drills. And the 20V max is going to help keep the charge for a long time.
Add in the LED light to make the workspace brighter, and you are going to live this drill. Overall, this cordless drill is a great value providing you with lots of accuracy, convenient, and more.
- Has a lightweight design
- The battery lasts a long time
- Versatile to handle all of the projects you want to do
- The charge is slow
- Lithium Ion Technology and 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
- 11 Position Clutch: Provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all...
- Features integrated bit holder under drill handle that includes double ended bit
- Variable Speed: Allows countersinking without damaging material
Cordless Drill Under $50 with Most Features: Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver
The Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver is a workhorse that will be able to provide you with a lot of power for a reasonable price. The 18V battery is a bit less than you can see with the Black and Decker Max from above, but this is still a great budget-friendly drill that will give you all of the performance that you need.
Compared to the Black and Decker Max, the weight of this drill will come in around 2.7 pounds. This is one of the lightest models on our list. Overall, this will help you put the drill to good use for a long time. The drill clutch is also going to have 24 toque settings to give you all of the control that you need with greater detail along the way.
In addition, this comes with a magnetic tray that will hold onto all of the bits that you need while working and a charge indicator that gives you an idea of when the battery is dying out.
One thing to remember with this one is that the drill is sold separately from the battery. You will need to purchase a battery before you work with this one, which will increase the power a bit. You may be able to use a battery from one of your Ryobi power tools if you would like to save money.
Overall, this drill is going to provide all the features that you want at an affordable price.
- Has an LED light to make work easier
- The rubber grip helps you to get the support you need
- The design is compact
- Has a lot of clutch options to use
- The drill does not come with a battery
- TOOL-LESS BIT CHANGES: No chuck keys are necessary to replace bits here. Simply place the bit into...
- VARIABLE TORQUE AND SPEED: 2-Speed gearbox and 24-position clutch give you access to a wide variety...
- MAGTRAY: Store extra bits or fasteners on the tool when you’re high up on a ladder and need easy...
- RUBBERIZED OVERGRIP on the pistol-style handle gives improved handling, making the tool useful in...
Most Durable Cordless Drill Under $50: Inspiritech 12V Drill and Driver
Inspiritech 12V Cordless Drill and Driver. This is a great cordless drill to use that relies on a strong lithium-ion battery that can handle longer jobs, no matter what they may be.
Another good drill to use if you do not need as much power as some of the other options is the
Like the GOXAWEE cordless drill, this one comes with two batteries so you can keep on working when one wears out. This drill also has two adjustable speed settings, which will offer all the control that you need for speed and torque for all DIY tasks.
Another thing that you will like about this drill is that it comes with a 15 + 1 position clutch. This is the perfect amount to help achieve some of the refinement that you may need with some projects.
You can even have control over the torque setting to get more twisting power out of everything. This one will work well for all types of materials including metal, plastic, and wood. If needed, it can be applied well to screw driving tasks.
Many consumers who purchased this cordless drill and driver loved how easy it was to use and handle due to the ergonomic design. With a weight close to 2.1 pounds, it is much lower than some of the other drills on the list.
Add in some additional features to the mix, like the LED light to work in the dark, and you may have found the best cordless drill on the list under $50.
- Comes with a keyless check to use
- Has a USB port to charge
- Fast bits changing is available
- Has two batteries in the pack
- The battery takes a long time to charge
- ●Battery: A 1500mA large capacity Lithium Ion battery stays powered up for a significant length of...
- ●2 Adjustable Speed & Reversible: This drill features a 2-speed setting at 0-350/0-1,500 rpm,...
- ●15+1 Position Clutch & High Torque: 16 position clutch provides precise control for drilling into...
- ●Keyless Chuck : 3/8-Inch Keyless Chuck for Quick and Easy Bit Changing, ensures high...
Most Versatile Cordless Drill Under $50: GOXAWEE Electric
The GOXAWEE Electric Cordless Drill promises to provide some of the best performance when it comes to metal and wood materials. It has its own drill bit set, which means that you are able to use it for many drilling tasks.
It is powered through a 1.4mAh lithium battery that will help it to last a long time. The battery does take a long time to charge, but since this drill comes with two, you will be able to switch them out and keep working, even when one dies.
Compared to the Ryobi P208, this drill has fewer clutch settings at 18. However, for most users, this will be plenty to get as much efficiency and torque as possible. With the two speed settings, you can have all the control that you need over both the torque and the speed. Whether you want to use this drill for some projects around the home or as a serious craftsman, this tool will get you all of the results.
The installation on this tool is simple and easy to work with. The automatic spindle lock is one of the best parts because it helps simplify the process of changing bits along the way. Add in that the tool is easy to use and will not weigh all that much, you will enjoy the comfort that comes with using it.
A flexible shaft has also been put on the tool, which can be used in areas where it is hard to access any driver bits. Combine the drill with a hammer drill if you want to get rid of stains, making this a multi-purpose tool.
- Versatile for all of your drilling projects
- Light and easy to handle
- Efficient at getting the job done
- Available at an affordable price
- The battery is difficult to remove sometimes
- 🎁 Gift for Father, Husband, Housewife, DIYer 💝
- 👌 READY TO GO Drill Set: GOXAWEE Home Drill Set comes with a complete drill bit sets that can...
- 👍 NO INTERRUPTION on Project: You can constantly work your task. This cordless drill came with...
- 👏 Accurate Control & Adjustable Mode: The variable speed trigger allows for precise speed control...
Cheap Cordless Drill Features and Considerations
To help you make the best decision when it comes to picking out a cordless drill for under $50, you need to have a good idea of some of the features that you are looking for ahead of time. T
here are many power drills out there, but you need to be careful to choose a good one, not one that is going to run out of power or fall apart on you. Some of the things to consider when choosing a cordless drill for under $50 includes:
For most projects, it is best to go with a drill that can offer you more power. While you are not likely to find a drill that can go through concrete or brick for this price, there are some decent models that have good power for all of the projects you want to do at home.
Keep in mind through this that power will also affect the battery. Drills that have more power will go through the battery faster. Look at the size of the battery and even consider whether you should get two to finish your projects.
Battery Cell Type
There are two things that you need to pay attention to when working with a drill battery. These include the size and the type.
Cordless drills need to run on a battery since they do not rely on electricity to get the work done. However, not all of the cordless drills will use the same kind of battery to get the work done.
The two types of batteries that are used in cordless drills are the Nickel Cadmium and the Lithium-Ion.
- Lithium-Ion are a good option if you want a drill that is lightweight and will be able to offer all of the power that you want.
- The Nickel-cadmium batteries are going to be heavier.
Lithium-ion is usually faster to charge so you will not have to wait as long to use the battery again. Most of the drills on our list will have the Lithium-ion, but there are benefits to Nickel Cadmium as well. Most notably is that they are cheaper to manufacture, so you do see them in cheaper drills.
You should also take a look at some of the size of the battery that you get with the cordless drill. The more power that you want out of the drill, the bigger the battery needs to be.
Otherwise, you will need to recharge it all the time. This can make it a hassle to use the drill, unless you only want to use it on occasion.
It is always best to err on the side of caution with the size of the battery. A larger battery, as long as it fits with the cordless drill, will last longer and able to hold onto all the power that you need while getting the projects done around the home.
These can take a bit longer to charge up than some of the other options, but they will help you get all of the power that you need to finish the home improvement projects you want to get done.
Choosing the Top Cheap Cordless Drill
There are many great cordless drills that you can choose that are under $50. It is important to take your time and find the right one for your needs, without wasting money on a cordless drill that is going to die out on you in no time. Take a look at our list of the best cordless drills under $50 to see which one is going to be the best for your next project.